Team South Oak: Meet Jamie Cornett
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2017
We took a non-conventional approach to helping you get to know our team. And we had fun doing so. These are stories from the people who make South Oak Title great. Meet Jamie Cornett, Title and Settlement Agent (Huntsville).
- What’s your favorite thing about working for South Oak Title?
It may sound cliché’, but can I say “how nice everyone is”? That’s my favorite thing.
- If you had one free hour each day, how would you use it?
Lunch – I’d have lunch. LOL
- Name two things you consider yourself to be very good at doing.
Examining titles and executing closings properly to avoid post-closing issues.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Being hired by South Oak Title to run the Huntsville office. :)
- At which store would you max-out your credit card without regret?
Does a travel agency count?
- What was your favorite TV show when growing up?
My So Called Life
- Choose a movie title for the story of your life.
One Day at a Time
- Can you play any instruments? If so, what instrument(s)?
I used to play piano, cello and clarinet, but that was many moons ago. I wonder if I’ve “still got it.”
- What is the nerdiest thing you do in your spare time?
Most of what I do in my spare time is nerdy. I read. A lot.
- What is your favorite cereal?
I don’t like milk, so no cearly. As a kid, I loved Lucky Charms.
- What, if anything, have you ever re-gifted?
A bottle of red wine; I drink white.
- What’s the strangest talent you have?
I can roll my eyes in opposite directions.
- What was your childhood nickname?
Red – and it still is. :-/
- Do you have any strange phobias?
Spiders, but that is not strange. At all. Nope. Totally normal.
- Have you ever had a poem or a song written about you?
I certainly hope not!
- Which way does your toilet paper hang on the wall – over or under?
Over. Anyone who does under is not to be trusted. Weirdos, I tell you.
- What, or who, are you a “closet” fan of?
Pop music – don’t judge.
- What are three things still left on your bucket list?
Egypt, Italy and Greece
- If you could have any one superpower, which would you choose?
I would choose to fly.
- What is the worst pet you have ever had?
A Jack Russell terrier. He ate my walls. MY WALLS. Who does that?
Return to Blog